Many times we have a preset idea of what should be 'right' and how the conditions should be. Children with their agile mentality are more open for trying different approaches and exploring new angles to what is so familiar to us adults. It is so natural for kids to refuse the concrete boundaries adults so often jail themselves in.

-Sameer-

Monday, December 31, 2012

Year 2012: Personal Review

Greetings from the end of 2012! Its been a while I haven’t touched my blog, but here I am, making a post (finally) to let everyone know that I’m still alive! Of course, as per my style of doing things, images will accompany the events (where applicable).
This is soley a personal review of the events in my life, not about things that happened around the country or world. This is purely 100% personal, from my own point of view. Now, let’s get started!


Back to College:

Aaah..tadaa..! On January I start attending to errmm..Actually my first College. Before I've been to many institutes and when i say many i MANY of them..!! Many of the institute are now transformed into colleges. Anyways, going back to study is always good. Best part of the college includes to enjoy the view out side the class room. Benches, which gives the College feel :P and the bush which also gives the college feel.. Got good canteen. Most importantly most of the Lecturers has a lil age difference.. These factors really kept me motivated through out the year.  Beside all those awesome things class mates I got to spend the whole year are very interesting and different personalities. New bonds and friendship was formed.


1st Hijabi Date:

I always say 1st are always special. So I would like to highlight about one of the 1st I did. 1st January 2012 I went to my first date with a Hijab girl ;) She was a very empowered women and one of the few women with a vision/mission. She is one of the Interesting personalty I met in end of 2011. May be thats the reason I end up on a date with her. and yeah, I have a racists mind :P Thats the reason I've not been dating with Hijabi so far :P

Survival of Feb 7 & 8:



Actually 7th Feb event really turn my plans for the year upside down. This really slow down everything. On the other hand this leads to new changes to my path. Going back to 6,7,8 Feb I was lucky enough to witness and record the event first hand and I was lucky and I still thank god for saving me from 8th feb Police brutality, which hopefully i will blog sometime earlier next year. So February was all about Maldives politics. During the conflict I just took  glance at the National Flag. My hopes for the nation raise. Hoping for a United, Civilized brotherhood.





Start working for Civil Society:

So this was unplanned but long dreamed thing. To actively involve in Civil Soceity moment is always a dream I dream. This was lead due to 7th Feb events.
April 28th, I became a Certified Human right defender.  So with all the political conflicts I decided to participate in this seminar to educate about the Democracy, Human rights and most importantly the constitution which is bit Alien to most of us. At the end of the sessions it really opened my eyes. I believe this was the one of the best thing i did in year 2012. From this bunch of pariticipants initiated in "Maldives Poverty" Project. Out of curiosity the whole thing turn out to very interesting field trips, interviews. We are working on a documentry and publication for this project. Till then enjoy the trailor. Btw I got to interview Naasira ;) Another awesome thing i did in 2012.



New Born to the Family - 2nd Nephew

Since im not a family family person I've not been to family gathering etc etc.. But 02.12.2012 Turn out to be one of the Familiest day to me. As we was counting the last days of 2012 my family was blessed with Mariyam Liba binth Ishaaq. Its really amazing to be there. The first apperance of the baby, the patience we all had. Its new to me :P

So at the end of "unexpected" year I thank Almighty God for the blessing and greate unexpected opportunities which i mention on the post and the one i didn mention here. 



and Now i present the New comer of the year "Tony"

So Thank you and Good bye 2012.




No comments: