Many times we have a preset idea of what should be 'right' and how the conditions should be. Children with their agile mentality are more open for trying different approaches and exploring new angles to what is so familiar to us adults. It is so natural for kids to refuse the concrete boundaries adults so often jail themselves in.

-Sameer-

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Julaaan Sabbeees


Here, as I was aiming at Munnaaru...I remembered that day....and aligned my rear mirror and this girl was coming!! I clicked..and the picture is not that straight because of her!


And is a story also because of her... people come into your rear mirror for a reason...and when their part is played, they move on...just as in life!
- Pic and quote by Ahmed Sameer  -

  Its our Independence Day so Happy returns of the day and always have a respect for other. Coz its a free country and we are free to do anything =p with that freedom try not to cross your line..coz the time you cross urs you are getting into others :) keke..do i sound wise :P

Since its a Special day and a Public holiday I remember how i spent this day of every year..

Till 26th July of 1999 I used to visit the family members with my family wearing the "julaaan Sabbees" new out fits...mostly it end up something like this..by the time its the best practice by every family here =p so its the trend at that time..anyways...After the visits we head to the Jumhoory Square to watch the School items and "Hevikamaai kulhivaru" That day with me girl name Nifsha was there to accompany me :P ..who used to be my neighbors daughter...and thats the night how we became close friends..Every Sabbis is known as Fen sabbis coz some how the rain will be there..which we end up ruin or enjoying the rain ;)

Following years I spend 26th july watching the events and recording.

At the time i finish my O level I was a bit out going..so 26th July 2006 it was with class friends..more like a gathering... and it was awesome and if im not wrong the following year too we did the same...and thats the last time we had the gathering :)

I seriously have no idea how i spend 2010 and 2009 sabbees o_0 strange but true story :P I was double so it has to be something to do with my double-ness..keke..

This year there was no plans..and there is nothing other than the Special awarding ceremony...But with a short notice this years Independence day Happen to be with Aanu :) It was cool..Like 10 years back instead of evening tea, I had a redbull "Coffee Session in a open air Cafe' Lemon grass... and we headed to the jumhoory maidhaan unlike 10 or 5 years back there is nothing at all but bunch of tourists and kids...she enjoyed the kids..and i enjoyed the moment...everything except the kids =p we remain there for a while...and as usual this sabbis ended with being a bit wet..finished in the rain :) but didnt Ruin ;)

So its more like one of my childhood ones.. =p Hope you all had an awesome sabbees..with family or friends..

PS: I seriously wondered what julaan sabbees was...until I realised that julaan is for july and sabbees for 26th...Seriously...its strange when these are converted into dhivehi version..keke.."kobaa julaaan sabbbeees annany nun"  =p



8 comments:

Manhal said...

Amazing post xef!! I just love to read your blog. Very very interesting.

Anonymous said...

that word " hevikamaa kulhivaru" just takes me to the days back in 1998, at that time i guess there was nothing better than that...

n yh u gotta awesome blog,
n i realy like it...

btw ur link'd

Unknown said...

@ Manhal thank you for letting me know :) and the comment...cheeers :)

@ febrehmo yeah awesome days..!! every year i wait for that moment to watch that..hehe.. and thanks for linking..and the comment..u r linked too..!! :)
cheeers

Anonymous said...

hey... this post is quite interesting and entertaining.
It's been a while now... when is your next post?

Amina said...

hehehe! had a fun time reading this post. loved it! :D

Nha Rachyd said...

Interesting post!! Looking forward for more :)

Munis said...

Bro... Its first time I heard of Julaan Sabbis, At first I was wondering Julaan is the name of the in the mirror :P LoL... BTW nice blog...

.mini said...

Haha those dresses dho!

Julain Sabbees is not the same now, specially since I'm here and it's roadhamas now. WAHH